Monday, January 18, 2010

The Family Picture


In my antiquing searches, I have always been able to find new family memories out of others old ones. When I see that old rusty box filled with photographs I cant help but stop. If there is a space on the floor and if the shop isn't busy I like to sit and take my time as if looking though my own photo memories. I think of who they might have been and wonder why their family just tossed their photos away. Looking at them in a box at an estate sale, at the auction house or in a small downtown shop makes me want to take them all home and cherish them the way I wish their family would have. What did they do? Did they farm? Did they have children? If so , how many? These are the crazy questions I ask myself while I look at the unsolved mysteries. Then, I always manage to take a few home. This past year I made a Christmas tree filled with antique photographs. I LOVED it!! I also made greeting cards- the possibilities are endless... Heres hopes you find your long lost family in that old dusty box. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I can tell this is going to be a good blog. :) I feel the same way as you do about old photos. I have a whole wall in my house dedicated to antique photos- and I don't even know the people! Here is a recent post I did on an antique photo I really love:
    http://ponderandstitch.blogspot.com/2010/01/someones-family.html I don't mean to spam with my blog address but I just thought you'd find it interesting if you like old photos like I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the blog...i like it! Welcome to the wonderful bloggy world!

    Blessings,
    Ana

    ReplyDelete