Monday, October 4, 2010

Fall in Love Like a Child...AGAIN!

It's that time of the year again.  After living in Ohio I have really have learned to love every season.  I love how everyone really celebrates all seasons and now we have to get ready for fall.  About two weeks ago I spent some time at Circle Farms in Champagne County, Ohio and fell in love with pumpkins again.  I haven't been in love with pumpkins... well, lets say it's just been too long.  I thought it was something that was just for kids.  As a child, I remember getting so excited to go with Mom ans Dad to pick out my very own pumpkin.  The idea of choosing your very own pumpkin as your canvas to make the best Jack-o-Lantern ever was almost as good as getting all that candy and choosing what to wear for Halloween!!  In fact, I don't think I have said the word 'Jack-o-lantern' as an adult.  Going to a pumpkin farm really helps you get in the mood!!  I feel like a child again!  I have been looking everywhere trying to see what I am going to make with my pumpkins and how I want to decorate with my long lost orange treasures.  It sure feels good to be excited like a child again!! 




Of, course I love the owls!!  What a great idea!  Just use nuts and dried seeds to make your own creation. 



Use berries, gourds and pumpkins to decorate a wagon or wheel barrel. Then, add a painted "Welcome Friends" on your pumpkins!  Can't paint?  Just buy letter stickers! Perfect!  




Take those little guys out of the bowl and put them to use.  They make great candle stick holders or votive holders (the white pumpkins especially).  Just take the stem out and make a hole for the candle sticks or dig everything out for the votive.  you can add anything with a little glue.  The picture shows berries and small pine cones. Add a few fall leaves for a little bit more spice! 





Get one of these awesome painted pumpkins by Debbie Loffing!  Each one is different...contact me and I'll give you the information on how to get one!!  

Happy Fall Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment