Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 2. A Shower then Craft...maybe.

 
 
I really didn't think I was going to get Day 2 of my crafting frenzy finished.  I'm sure you're thinking, "Its only the second day, Kristie!!!"  Well, after shopping for dinner, cooking dinner, returning the movies from last night and getting Sam ready for bed, I thought I would wind down with a shower.  I even had crazy thoughts about shaving my legs.  That's it- Ill shave my legs, use my 'new' bath wash I bought ages ago and maybe leave the conditioner in my hair a little longer than normal...doing this all while thinking about my craft project I have planned for the evening.  Of course, I knew life had other plans for me when I was rinsing the shampoo out of my hair and a little red headed naked boy opened the curtain, "I shower too, mommy"  Fine. I'll shave tomorrow. At least my hair was clean.

Too tired to get crafty but still hours later... My mission was to decoupage a vintage suitcase.  My tools: paper, Mod Podge, scissors, suitcase, and a Glee CD.  Awesome! I was set!!  :) 






Did I do that?  I LOVE IT!!  I absolutely love.  Not very often do I fall in love with my work but everything about this is totally me and that is what I love.  I love Paris,  love to travel, I love clothes and of course I love creating new things.  I dream of Paris and walking the streets, eating French food at an outside cafe, listening to street music, drinking wine and going to fashion shows.  Everything about Paris is intriguing.  I guess that's why I  loved living in New York so much- it really is like a European city.  I wont start with New York- that will have to be another blog post.  I'm sure I can come up with something that will give tribute to one of my favorite cities soon :)   





A small tip:  If you want to decoupage something make sure to lay everything out before you commit :)







    

5 comments:

  1. WOW!! I am soooo inspired to get creating! I am almost ready to start! Love the suitcase! Yes it is definitely YOU Kristie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where will this piece be on display?! It's go-geous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!!!! AGAIN.... Glee is always a great inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies....I have another fun one in store for tonight :) The suitcase is on display at The Boston...we are getting ready for the Paris store to open upstairs soon :) It will also be for sale in my Etsy store at www.shopgreenowl.etsy.com

    Happy Crafting!

    ReplyDelete