Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A New Year of Crafting

When I first started writing a blog I thought I would do it so I could get more traffic to my website, my Etsy store or just to say I have one.  When you own a business you have to have a blog. Right?  :)

During this holiday weekend off I moved most of my "creating" items to my home.  I always thought I would keep everything in The Green Owl Studio but was too tired in the evenings and never made it over there to create.  After running after a toddler all day, cleaning, cooking, changing diapers and my never ending trips to Wal-mart and Kroger, I just never had it in me to put my coat on and truck it to the Studio to create something amazing.  Now I have my glue sticks, vintage papers, sewing machine and crafty books at hand.  Lets not forget the lovely rusty old locker filled with funky and fun fabrics that Joe, my boyfriend, wishes I would sneak to the dump, is now sitting in my new work space.  I like the sound of that. Work space- in my home!!

Someone once told me that around your birthday you have a renewal of sorts.  This must be true. Of course, I think it must come once a month. If you are a women I'm sure you can relate :)   So, here I am renewing myself once again.  I have my creative juices flowing and I cant wait to begin!!  I have vowed to create at least one item a day- in the evenings, of course.  After my little Sam has had his bath and is fast asleep I will get crafty.  I might even skip an episode of American Pickers just to get it done.  I'll post something everyday to keep you all updated- this is until I renew myself again. Ha!!   This New Year should be exciting!!  So.... to crafting, sitting on the floor so long you have one butt cheek numb, glue guns, vintage paper and being creative (Im holding my imaginary wine glass filled with shariz)!!!







3 comments:

  1. I LOVE how your bedroom turned.... BRAVO!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Carly. I worked hard :) You got to see the "before" :) I love being in there now!! All I want to do is create a bunch of crap!! :) Ha!! Thanks for following too! Im already working on my project for the day :) Super fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, get crafty! Your got your creative space now GO!

    ReplyDelete